Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy Birthday, Ram!

Ram saw this blog and wanted this cake for his birthday. Thanks Erin for the recipe! It was a strange recipe to be baked at 275 degrees and then put in the freezer to make it moist. I made the cake and my mom made the frosting while I took a nap. It was delicious and it we ate the last piece today. We had to celebrate yesterday because Ram had to go to the LCMS MN N District Convention today.

We opened presents yesterday. Ram's parents brought this box full of books when they came to visit last month. Ram also received several pi shirts and other gifts.

My parents are here visiting so they babysat the two older Lambs and we went out to dinner last night by ourselves with Lamb 3. There was one other couple in the dining area of the restaurant. Ram laughed at me because I noticed what they ordered and paid attention to them. It is so rare for me to not have to help one of the Lambs at a meal that I just didn't know what to do with myself! I really wouldn't know what to do if I didn't have any Lambs with me! Lamb 3 has croup, an ear infection, and a very runny nose so we took him with us instead of leaving him home. He is on antibiotics and slowly getting better. Now my dad has a sore throat and my mom has a sinus infection-I think we gave away our germs. I still have a sore throat. Thankfully Ram has stayed healthy. Since Lamb 1 was born we get to go out about once a year. We had a delicious dinner of beef strogonoff, salad, spinach artichoke dip, and wine.
Ram turned 34 so now it seems like he is closer in age to me... Since we have been married there haven't been very many birthdays that we were apart. Happy Birthday to my beloved!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Wow. I must never read recipes--I always consider them suggestions. Put it in the freezer? I never did that part. :) Glad that your husband had a happy birthday!

Esther said...

Happy Birthday to Ram! Dan missed the MN North convention this year. He had his on Monday, though, and I'm looking forward to my Pastor's Wives retreat this weekend! Glad you had a fun night out, and I hope everyone feels better soon!