Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Today

November 25

National Tie One on Day (see yesterday's post for more details-I tied an apron on and baked dinner rolls, pumpkin, apple, and pecan pies for Thanksgiving and cinnamon rolls and pumpkin cookies to deliver to a friend for NTOoD)

Lamb 2 turns 3 1/2

Ram's 6 1/2 year anniversary of ordination into the holy ministry (Wow-we've lived here 6 1/2 years!)

Ewe's baptismal anniversary!
36 years ago today, my parents brought me to the font at St. Luke's Lutheran church in Itasca, IL where the pastor baptized me in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

Gracious Lord, we give thanks that in Holy Baptism we receive forgiveness of sins, deliverance from death and the devil, and eternal salvation. On this baptismal anniversary, bless me continually by Your Word and Spirit that I may faithfully keep the covenant into which I have been called, boldly confess my Savior, and finally share with all Your saints the joys of eternal life; through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen (LSB page 310)

We asked the choir to sing this hymn for Lamb 1's baptism (they have TLH and only the choir has LSB). It started a new "tradition" at the church that the choir sings this hymn for the few baptisms our church has had since we have lived here.

Go, My children, with My blessing, Never alone.
Waking, sleeping, I am with you; You are My own.
In My love's baptismal river I have made you Mine forever.
Go, My children, with My blessing-You are My own. (LSB 922:1)

No comments: