Friday, July 1, 2011

MN government shut-down...

began today. I don't think it will effect my family, but it will be interesting to see. I think government impacts our every day lives more than we think. I know some church member's jobs will be effected.

I was outside this morning trying to deal with the out of control weeds in the garden after all the rain that we've had. I'm happy to say it's not perfect, but it's back to a manageable state. The edible weeds were plentiful in that jungle garden. I hated to waste the good weeds but I needed to finish the job quickly. Lamb 2 was the best help in the garden. It was hot, but not unbearable like yesterday. Then we had a thunderstorm this afternoon so I was glad the weeding had been completed and the plants had a good soak.

I came inside after working in the garden and remembered it was July 1. We don't have TV so I hadn't heard if the state shut down or not. It only took a couple of clicks on the internet to hear that it was shut down. Not the news I wanted to hear, but I wasn't surprised. We've only lived here 8 years and this is the second shut down for us. It's very different than growing up as a Hoosier.

No comments: