Sunday, February 7, 2016

Devotion of the Day

Ram's Grandpa wrote a few devotions that were included in a book called Time Out! A Men's Devotional. Since Valentine's Day is coming up, I decided to post one of his devotions here. It is neat to me to have his Grandpa's devotion even though he is in heaven now.
This devotion book has more devotions by Ram's Grandpa and also devotions from other best selling authors including Dobson, Swindoll, McDowell, and others.

Love is Patient and Kind 
by Richard C.
1 Corinthians 13:4

We're all aware of the many marriages that break up. It's happening to the young. It's happening to the old. It's happening in the Church and outside the Church.

So, what does it take to hold a marriage together? When the Bible speaks of love in 1 Corinthians 13-the "love chapter"-I believe it refers to a husband and wife.

Many marriages are intact today because love is patient. When my wife and I go somewhere together, usually one of us has to wait for the other to finish getting ready. The one who is ready first waits patiently for the other.

Love is kind. My wife and I both enjoy doing things for each other. I enjoy making her coffee in the morning. Later in the day she enjoys cooking and serving our meals. (She says that's because I always tell her how good they taste.)

We have a caring attitude toward each other and a deep respect for one another. We both enjoy saying "I love you" to one another throughout the day. 

We start off each day together with devotions: Scripture and prayer. We look for a Bible verse or biblical concept to think about during the day. We try to make our home a more loving place.

Another thing: Love is eager to believe the best, which truly brings about lasting happiness and joy.

O Lord, give us the spirit of love, which is patience and kindness, toward one another this day. Amen.

Time Out! A Men's Devotional
Clint Beckwith-Evergreen Communications-1989



No comments: