Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Cleaning

Lamb 1 cheerfully swept our garage today. We have a 2 car garage and unpaved roads in our town. Sweeping the garage is a big job. While he swept he sang, "For All the Saints" very loudly. Lamb 2 and 3 rode their bikes and didn't help Lamb 1 at all. Lamb 1 prefers to have them out of the way. I don't know which one makes me more glad, that Lamb 1 knows "For All the Saints" or that he willingly swept the garage.

Yesterday I threatened that if Lamb 1 and 2 didn't do their regular chores then they would have to clean the bathroom. I now have 2 clean toilets and 2 clean sinks. I'm glad that our house has 3 toilets and 3 sinks for when Lamb 3 is old enough! Of course it made more work for me to have to supervise the cleaning instead of just quickly doing it myself. They both learned a lot and hopefully next time will be a little easier. Lamb 2 learned not to spray himself in the eye with vinegar-thankfully I use natural products to clean now! I learned that Lamb 2 should clean the sinks and Lamb 1 should clean the toilets if I want them both to be cleaned well.

Hopefully I can post a school report for last week soon.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Wow - "For All the Saints" while sweeping the garage - sweet!

And you are way ahead of me in getting boys to do chores. Even when mine were in high school that was like pulling teeth. They are grown now, and do all that themselves now!