Saturday, November 20, 2010

LWML Quarterly prayer

Hear my voice when I call, O Lord; be merciful to me and answer me. My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, Lord, I will seek. Psalm 27:7-8

Prayer adapted from Winter 2010 LWML Quarterly...page 16.

Oh, Lord, You know how much my husband and I long to have another child, but it seems as though that is not going to happen. It is difficult to know what further steps, if any, we should take. We need Your guidance and wisdom in making a decision for the future of our family.
Lord, we need to place this great concern totally in Your capable hands as we continue to pray for another child of our own. If that is in Your plan, we will rejoice in the miracle You will perform. If having another child is not to be, we pray for Your strength to accept that and to keep us mindful that we are already a family of 5.
Please continue to encourage us to be good examples to our 3 lambs. Let our time with them bring joy to our hearts as we continue to serve You. In the name of Your own dear Son, Jesus. Amen.

Disclaimer: I hope that adapting this prayer for our family does not offend couples that do not have any children and are praying a child. Ram and I mourn the loss of three Lambs and as we get closer to the first anniversary of our last miscarriage this is on my mind. I have sympathy for my friends TTC, but I can not identify personally with that problem. Only as I have walked this road have I realized how difficult it is when you long for more children, no matter if you already have 0 or 10 children.

No comments: