Sunday, February 7, 2021

Beginning of February

Last Saturday we visited a retired professor and chose almost 200 books from his personal library for Redeemer Classical School. It was a fascinating two hours at his house as he has 4 degrees and has traveled extensively. He was thrilled that some of his books were going to children that were learning Latin and took nature walks. We wiped every book off as they were very dusty before we brought them in our house. It took me most of the week to make a complete list of what he donated along with looking up the approximate value of what was donated. We delivered the books to the school yesterday and delivered the tax receipt along with an itemized list of what was donated today. I don't have any Lambs at this school, but I am happy to help out RCS library as it is a wonderful resource for our Fort Wayne community.

We had some snow this week so that meant a few delays and a few days of school at home. That meant organizing the Lambs to do the shoveling and a few more chores and tutoring/helping with schoolwork along with homeschooling Lamb 3.

I do so much chauffeuring right now. Lamb 3 goes to the chiropractor twice a week for an adjustment and therapy and does exercises at home. Lamb 2 has JROTC practice three times a week. Lamb 1 lifts weights after school 4 days a week. We have a few dentist appointments this month. Lamb 2 had his orthodontist appointment this week and found out his braces come off in March! 

I'm attempting to get my materials organized to scrapbook again. Everything has been packed since we moved from ID. There wasn't any place to organize it when we were at the rental and there wasn't time once we got to the new house. I am trying to get caught up on Lamb 1's scrapbook before he graduates from high school.

I just got a new phone. My first smartphone was purchased in November 2016. It was past time to replace it. A couple of weeks ago I went to grocery pick up and my phone was dead so I couldn't call them and tell them I was there for my groceries. Lamb 2 is extra eager to help me set up my new phone the way that I want it. It is going to be so great to not have to plug my phone in all the time!

Ram and I continue to add books to our Library Thing account. We have 1600 entered. It is going to be so helpful to have a list on our phone. As we are adding books, I'm also organizing and getting rid of some. The next project will be to tackle our giveaway pile that has really grown in the last month. I will need to decide where those items are going and deliver everything to the correct place.

Hopefully soon I will update my blog. In the meantime I will try for at least once a week posts.




1 comment:

Nancy said...

What a blessing to receive 200 books!