Sunday, March 2, 2014

I promote...

1. We began a new quarter of Sunday School materials today. Lamb 1's teacher said she really likes this new quarter's materials. Have you checked out CPH's Growing in Christ materials recently? A few years ago I purchased several of the Bible story posters. They have been getting a lot of use for Sunday School and preschool chapel recently.
2. CPH is giving away a free children's book to families. You do need to begin a CPH account if you don't have one already. Go to their website and add /children behind their website name for more information. They are on the topics "God I need to talk to you about..." I chose one on feeling sad. LCMS is doing a great job addressing the issue of depression for pastors and adults. I don't think we talk with our children about this enough. I hope this book will help us talk about this with our boys and it will either help them or as they talk to their friends as they get older. After we are done reading it we will donate it to our church library. There were a lot of good topics and it was difficult to choose.
3. We finished Katie Schuermann's Pew Sisters book in our women's Bible study and we began Bless These Lips by Sharla Fritz.  Our mouths get us women in trouble so often. Sometimes our typing gets us in trouble in e-mail or Facebook or blogs. This is a great reminder to us to let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer.

No comments: