Friday, February 4, 2011

I'm back to blogging!

I haven't got our stuff together for our tax lady yet, but I've made good headway on some other tasks here so I think I can get back to blogging regularly. I know it hasn't been that long since I blogged regularly, but I missed it! While I was gone, we went to Mayo for Ram's checkup. We all went along and it was so nice to get away for a couple of days without any commitments except for the doctor appointments. The Lambs loved swimming at the hotel and for lunch one day we ate Indian food at a buffet-everyone loved that lunch!

I'm getting ready to write a series of blog posts about being a rural pastor's wife. I decided that after almost 8 years at this perhaps I could give some advice to those pastor's wives coming right out of Seminary to a rural place. Or maybe help pastor's wives that were living in a city and move to a rural place when their husband takes a Call. My goal is to write some advice that I wish someone would have told me before we moved here. I hope that you will comment when I get started on this series. I want you to add to what I blog about if you live in a rural place whether you are a pastor's wife or not; if you are a pastor's wife; whether you have sympathy and can understand living in a rural place or not. Some of what I write will not be advice, but maybe you will find some humor in what I write if you are in a similar situation.

Disclaimer before I start blogging about being a rural pastor's wife:
1. I know that everyone's situation is different and everyone has a different comfort level for living in a rural place. I am going to start by blogging about my own personal situation and hope that some of the ideas are helpful to you. If your situation is different than mine and my ideas would never work, just ignore my ideas and keep doing what works for your family.
2. This idea for this series has been in the back of my mind for a few years now. I am NOT writing this in a response to any other blogs or comments that I have read.
3. I am a sinner and not perfect rural pastor's wife. Some of what I blog about will be what I have learned does not work! I'm hoping someone learns from my mistakes.

Check back tomorrow for the first post about being a rural pastor's wife.

1 comment:

joelle said...

I could pretend that we didn't live 30 minutes from Boise so I could relate to your situation more. I like that we live in a small town, but are really close to a larger city! I don't know if I could manage living where you live. I know I'd be okay, but I prefer not to if I don't have to. I feel like a wimp when I think about your situation when I complain about having to drive 30 minutes to get to any big stores. Guess it comes from growing up 2 blocks from our church, LCMS school, and highschool. And then a 5 or 10 minute drive to any big store in town. But really, I am such a wimp! :) Looking forward to your posts!