Thursday, June 4, 2009

ok news about my foot

I fell and hurt my foot on May 24. I finally went to the doctor on May 28. The doctor gave me a special shoe to wear and crutches. She took x-rays and it wasn't broken.
I was starting to feel a little better on June 1 when the nurse called and said the official reader of the x-ray was a little concerned about the area of the injury because it had "low bone density". The doctor decided to consult with the orthopedic doctor on June 3 and said they would call me back. When I didn't hear from the doctor yesterday, I called and asked but they had no news. I was worried between June 1 and today's phone call. The nurse had told me to not walk on it until they talked to the orthopedic doctor. Do you know how hard that is to do with a 1, 3, and 5 year old? And a 1 year old that doesn't know how to go down stairs? Plus I was worried that the orthopedic doctor would recommend a cast or surgery.
The nurse finally called this afternoon and said the orthopedic doctor had recommended to just keep doing what my doctor had recommended on May 28. So I asked the nurse if I was allowed to walk on it a little with my special shoe (without crutches). She said yes, to start with a little and increase. My foot still hurts, and it would be almost impossible to put weight on it without my special shoe, but life will be much easier now that I am at this point.
This has scared me and I'm taking my vitamins regularly again and we're eating more homemade yogurt and other dairy too. I'm not walking on it too much because I want it to be in good shape when we go to WI the middle of June. Please pray that it heals by then. Please also pray that the Lambs are patient with me until my foot heals completely.

No comments: