Friday, March 27, 2009

Mamapooloza here I come!

Ram was nice enough to agree to watch Lamb 1 and 2 so I'm going to take Lamb 3 and go to a Mamapooloza in IA today and tomorrow. It is a group of Lutheran homeschool moms getting together for a weekend without husbands or children (with the exception of nursing children). I am going to have to come home on Saturday night as I have to take the Lambs to church while Ram is pastor. I am really looking forward to it. I feel bad for the moms that wanted to attend but can't. Lamb 3 is still nursing quite a bit so he has to go along with me. I'm sure the other mamas will enjoy seeing a baby. I called a friend in our town to be a backup in case Ram has an emergency as pastor. Lamb 1 and 2 are looking forward to spending some time with Ram as he has been really busy during Lent. I didn't know if the weather was going to let me go, but it looks like it will be ok.

I have quite a bit to pack. This is my checklist.
clothes (and diapers) for Lamb 3 and for me
sleeping bag (I'm not sure if she has enough bedding for all of us)
Pack N Play for Lamb 3 to sleep in
stroller for when I stop for shopping on the way there and for our sightseeing on Saturday
Treasury of Daily Prayer (for devos)
biscotti (thanks Ram's mom)
surprise treat for the moms
mead (made from honey from our town)
homemade hummus (thanks Ram!), crackers (thanks Ram's mom), carrots, and celery
some misc. items I'm trying to give away like duplicate Thomas pieces as I'd rather give it to them instead of Goodwill
lots of chocolate (thanks Ram's mom!)
food for Lamb 3

2 comments:

Esther said...

Wow, yummy treats! Makes me want to have you here for a Mamapooloza!!! Hope you have a great time, and come back refreshed!

Glenda said...

See you in IA!!!!! Yipeee!!!!!