Saturday, March 7, 2009

Celebration! and One Thing Leads to Another...

Yesterday I finished our taxes so we had a small party. I actually don't even do our taxes, we send them to someone else. But it is quite difficult to gather everything together and document everything with 3 little lambs. I just about went crazy when I was almost done, but not quite and I was trying to finish. Ram was gone and Lamb 1 was asking me questions about animals, Lamb 2 kept crying he was hungry (he didn't finish his breakfast), and Lamb 3 was crying and I don't know why. I finally gave up and waited for Ram to come home. Then it only took me about a 1/2 hour when Ram could watch the Lambs.
I had told the Lambs that I was busy so many times in the last week that I decided they earned a small party. We had just celebrated Lamb 1's birthday the day before. So yesterday we celebrated with pina coladas (of course no rum for the lambs!), leftovers from the birthday supper, and peach apricot cobbler for dessert (we rarely have dessert after supper).
All the Lambs were in bed before 8pm so Ram and I decided to watch Prince Caspian. I regret that we were unable to get to the theater to watch it. I'm glad we were able to see it last night.
About midnight Lamb 2 was crying. When I went to check on him he was wet all over and even his sheets. He cried as Ram and I changed everything on him and his bed. I don't know what happened as we haven't had that problem with cloth diapers before. He did have a lot to drink last night.
Today I ended up doing a lot of laundry (from Lamb 2 last night) and dishes because I watched a movie instead of doing dishes last night. I worked for a long time today in the nursery organizing the Lambs clothes and pulling out the too small clothes. I started to pack up the Christmas ornaments (I know it's March) but got interrupted when the 4-H delivered the fruit we ordered. So then I had to clean out the refrigerator to get room to put the fruit in the fridge. I threw out a bunch of old salad dressing etc. that was just taking up room in the fridge. Then I had to do dishes from the fridge clean out. Then Ram had to take the trash out from the fridge clean out. We finally were able to warm up leftovers for supper and then it was bath time and bedtime routine. I never did get back to the ornaments and the Lambs didn't get to bed until 8:30 and with the time change and needing to be up for church early tomorrow, that was not good.
Tomorrow after church our church next door to us has the annual ham dinner. So tomorrow will be Sunday School, church, and going to the ham dinner. I'm sure we'll all crash tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I can post some photos from Lamb 1's birthday soon.

1 comment:

Esther said...

Whew! Just reading that made me tired. Our taxes are done too, Yay! We send them to Fort Wayne, I love them!