Thursday, August 8, 2013

He Remembers the Barren Retreat

This has been a busy week since I returned from Saint Louis from the first He Remembers the Barren Retreat. I really do want to blog about my trip and some of my thoughts about the retreat. I don't know when I will get to that, but Katie has blogged some about it. She is a much better writer than I am so I'll send you to the blog first.

Here she blogged her reflections of the retreat. I would second that the group got along wonderfully and listened and supported each other wonderfully. It is wonderful to know 9 other women well enough now to have specific prayer requests for each of them now that we returned home.
Here she gives a glimpse of one of the meaningful parts of Dr. Gosser's time with us.
Here she gives a glimpse of one of the meaningful parts of Pastor Cholak's time with us. I will never read that story of Peter again without thinking of our time at the retreat and what Rev. Cholak said.

I was one of the first to arrive at the retreat. While I was helping them set up the generosity of all those that helped with this retreat made me cry. We had many thank you notes to sign while we were at the retreat for people that helped with the retreat. Many tissues were used at this retreat and a big portion of mine were because I didn't expect or know until I went that that there are so many Lutherans (and Christians) that both pray for the barren daily and support us. Some of these are women with many children that mourn for the barren not having children as a blessing like they do. Some of these are older couples that wish they would have had more children. The rest of them have just been made aware of the barren through Katie's book and now include the barren in their daily prayers. That is so comforting that the whole Christian church remembers the barren.

No comments: