Saturday, January 24, 2015

I started smoking a few weeks ago

I had never even heard of an incense smoker before Glenda blogged about hers. I did a fast Internet search and decided as much as I wanted one, that was just not going to be in our budget ever. We no longer live in MN so we can't stop at a Scandinavian/German specialty store. New online was quite expensive.
Ram and I don't exchange Christmas presents with each other, but this year he put a note in my stocking that I could purchase a smoker. I spent a long time searching online stores, Ebay, and finally found what I wanted at Etsy. As much as I loved the idea of Glenda's St. Nicholas smoker, we have plenty of Christmas decorations. I wanted an "everyday" smoker. This is what I finally chose.
I bought it from an Etsy seller in Germany. I enjoyed tracking my package from Berlin. It is a fascinating thought to me that I can buy something from Berlin while I'm in Idaho! I can't imagine being able to do that when I was a little girl. I was surprised shipping was only about $5 and it arrived in about a week and a half. This seller picks up vintage items at places like garage sales and then puts them on Etsy. The smoker I purchased was never used for smoking before I got it. I have purchased a few unique items from Etsy and I have not been disappointed with any of them.
My new afternoon routine is to clean up the kitchen and then get my smoker going and if the Lambs are outside then put on some classical music. It is very relaxing and a fun way to get necessary chores done after the Lambs have their school work done. Plus I'm trying to get my kitchen cleaned up before allowing myself this fun.
I skipped my new routine for a few days and Lamb 1 asked when we were going to use the smoker again. Ram especially enjoys the incense smell.
(Note for my friend that calls me Granola Girl: This has nothing to do with my diffusing essential oils.)
I love the idea of our smoker is a shepherd for our family of Ram, Ewe, and 3 Lambs.

No comments: