Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sweet Potato Lentil Soup

Ram was gone visiting people all day yesterday. We didn't have enough leftovers so I had to cook. He suggested pea soup but I didn't feel like making that. I didn't feel like making pancakes even though I should have for Fat Tuesday.

I decided to try IN Jane's recipe for sweet potato lentil soup. We had some homemade yogurt so we topped it with that. I didn't use sausage or fresh ginger or lime wedges. Lamb 1 refused to put yogurt on it, but the rest of us did. For dessert we (but not Lamb 1 or 3) had yogurt with flax and cinnamon and a little honey. After we ate that I realized we didn't have any yogurt left for topping the leftover soup today. I'm sure it will be delicious without yogurt too. Ram's mom gave me a Spice Boy to grind spices. It came in handy to grind some of the spices that I had but weren't ground. Today's too busy, but we'll have to go to the store to get milk to make more homemade yogurt soon. And yes, we were eating homemade yogurt with flax, cinnamon, and honey before I read it on this blog.

No comments: