Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

I found this idea on Pinterest here and I modified the template and made it like this.  The preschool director also has a son in Lamb 3's class and she made his Valentines also using Pinterest using the idea here. The other moms that helped with the Valentine's Day party were a little sad that they were just passing out regular Valentines and candy. We really didn't mean to show off to the other moms! Both of us agreed we just copied an idea from Pinterest, we weren't original ourselves. The preschool director said hers were cheaper than buying a bag of candy in packages, she bought some sand toys for the shovels and bought the candy in the bulk section. I was just glad that we both picked different ideas off of Pinterest since our boys are in the same class.

Lamb 3 with his Valentine bag

Lamb 1 and 2 and I went over and helped with the preschool party. It was a little interesting because the school was on "shelter in place mode" which is a "soft" lock down due to some activity at an area Middle School. By the time preschool was dismissed the lock down was done. Everyone was safe, it was just a precaution.

Lamb 2 had speech today. When Lamb 2 told the speech teacher about our plans for supper, she wanted to join us! I made Beef Rendang and also Chocolate Ganache Pie with raspberries. It was a little difficult to find raspberries this time of year-I have blackberries and strawberries in the freezer, but not raspberries. When I got home from the store I did the vinegar trick so the berries would last longer. Of course I used homemade raspberry jam. Lamb 1 and 2 both did a good job eating the Beef Rendang so they could have pie. Lamb 3 ate black bean dip that we had made as an appetizer. He ate enough of that that we allowed him to have pie too. We had some wine that my parents brought us from NE and the boys had sparkling apple juice.

Ram brought me a card, a rose, and a Starbucks mocha when he got home tonight. We don't usually exchange gifts on Valentine's Day. He reminded me that is why he did it, he didn't have to, but he wanted to. We have both been extremely busy with church activities so the gifts were extra special.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: