Sunday, July 25, 2010

Family Update

*Last Sunday we had a baptism at one of our churches in the tri-parish. This is the 3rd baby Ram has baptized (not counting our Lambs or a few baptisms of grandchildren at our church that were baptized but live far away). It is exciting after he has done so many funerals. Afterwards the family had a lunch at church and our family attended. The Lambs were so impatient to cut the cake-they thought it was like a wedding.
*My parents left early Monday morning. My children must be getting older because I completely slept through them gathering their stuff and leaving. I used to sleep so lightly that I would always hear them leave.
*We were exhausted after Ram was gone for a week at Synodical convention. We rested on Monday. On Tuesday Ram went back to the doctor because he just couldn't beat this cough. He's on another round of antibiotics and doing much better.
*Ram and I had a hot date on Tuesday afternoon while the babysitter was here and picked blueberries. I spent most of the rest of the week taking care of the blueberries. We have a few blueberries left in the fridge to eat fresh, but the rest are gone or in the freezer or in jam.
*I had an eye doctor appointment on Wednesday. I hadn't been to the eye doctor for 3 1/2 years. There is no point in me going to the eye doctor when I'm pregnant or the first few months of breastfeeding. I still don't have to wear glasses to pass the driving test, but he said I could get glasses mainly for driving at night if I wanted to. I drive so rarely that for the time being I'm not going to get glasses. I may change my mind though. My one cornea has a problem that is usually seen in people with dry eyes so I'm taking over the counter drops twice a day for a few weeks. Other than that my eyes are healthy.
*We've gone lightly on homeschool the last few weeks. Lamb 1 has done a little math. We've read a lot, especially library books. Goldilocks and the 3 Bears, Dick and Jane, Curious George, a math book about equal, and Lamb 2 has been reading a pre-reading book where he has to tell the story happening in the pictures. This has been good for Lamb 2.
*July is another month of quarterly voter's meetings at each church in the tri-parish. It is a good reminder for me to pray for our churches this time of year. One church had "a little lunch" at one of the members homes afterwards today. They invited the Lambs and me to come over too. The Lambs were excited to have sandwiches, pickles, cookies, and orange pop. It was fun to have a little socialization after the meeting. Plus they were good Lutherans and had beer at this party!
*We had a garage sale on Friday and Saturday. I had cleaned out the garage and we put a bunch of stuff out for free. We got rid of a lot of that stuff instead of just throwing it out. I sold an outside swing and one stroller. We still have a baby swing, double stroller, and mobile for sale. They are so bulky that I'm not sure what to do with them because they are so big to transport to donate some where.
*We had a pastor and his wife over for dinner on Friday night. This inspired the Lambs and me to do a little cleaning and especially to clean up the clutter. It's so nice to have a clean house! I invited them for 7pm and by the time we ate it was the Lambs bedtime and they weren't happy that they didn't even get dessert! We enjoyed the evening and all agreed we should do this more often.
*I got my haircut on Friday and everyone has been commenting that it must be so much easier to take care of now that it is short. I think long hair is easier because I usually just put it in a pony tail and now I have to comb it and take care of it. Ram likes me to have long hair. As long as I have detangler spray, I don't mind long hair. This is the first time I have ever donated hair. I heard Locks for Love has more hair than they can use. So I decided to try Wigs 4 Kids with Leukemia. It's amazing to me that I had 21 inches off and I still have almost shoulder length hair. I'm going to have to try the curly girl routine and see how wavy my hair gets.
*We don't have too much planned this week although Ram has some visits to make after being gone to Convention. It will be good to "rest" this week before August gets busy!

No comments: