Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A comment

I started to leave a comment on this blog post and then decided to blog about it instead of writing a really long comment. (You may want to read that post first for this post to make sense.)
If you would have asked me 4 years ago, I would have assumed I would be in that ten year club, well, at least in the 9 year club by March 2012. I was in the 5 year club in March 2008-pregnant 4 times; nursed 2 children a combined total of 32 months before having a third child and was completely dairy and soy free for 22 months for them. Pregnant and nursing times overlapped by several months and became a blur.
I never would have dreamed that I would have "graduated" from that club after 6 years. Well, I have added 9 months to that total of pregnant months, but Jesus is holding those children and the basketball practice moms don't know about them. I feel much much older than the other preschool moms when I pick up Lamb 3 from preschool. I think part of the reason I feel this way is that I don't have an infant car seat along like many of the other moms do.
If I could go back and do things differently, I would have not assumed that I would be part of that club for many more years. I would have treasured those "last" moments a little more with Lamb 3 instead of being overwhelmed with 3 Lambs age 4 and under.
I don't know what God has planned for our family. Perhaps I will be part of a different club that has a big break between Lamb 3 and Lamb 4. Perhaps God's plan is for me to permanently join the club of basketball practice moms now. I only know that I am not and will never be part of that ten year club.
So whatever "club" you are part of, do not despair. God has a plan to whatever club you are part of even if you can't see it. God will continue to bless you no matter which club you have joined. Thank God for his forgiveness of sins and eternal salvation. And if you aren't part of the ten year club, offer to help the moms at church that are in the ten year club. They could definitely use some help and you probably have the time to help them. You might even get to snuggle with their baby for a little while!




4 comments:

Rebekah said...

You dear Ewe--I am the only person I know in the nonexistent "club." Everyone else has had her clock stopped by miscarriage. So the truth is that although I feel overwhelmed by these long years, their relentless progression is a gracious gift. I am so sorry for all the heartbreak you have had. I think of you often.

The Mama said...

Oh, Ewe, my heart is with you.

Emommy said...

I think of you often, too, Ewe. Thank you for this gracious reminder to be thankful in all circumstances--to be glad in the midst of our "blurs." Hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

Ewe - you are a wise woman; wiser perhaps because your wisdom is borne of pain. Childbearing as a blessing from God is not a race, this part of life is not a race, it's not all about the "numbers". One might get swept up in a circus of being in this club or that club; that's rather easy to do when bouncing about the blogosphere related to LCMS parenting. Please don't be hard on yourself for not enjoying the "last" moments more - if they were in fact the last moments. As a mom of older kids I can tell you that raising children is an endless stream of last moments. Snuggling with your teens and tweens is rather rewarding too. I enjoy your blog, thanks for sharing your world with us.