Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Compliment?

We were invited to dinner with a family that has two children where the oldest is the same age as Lamb 3. I fed the Lambs peanut butter sandwiches before dinner for a couple of reasons.

1. Lamb 3 is picky and I wasn't sure he would eat very well at a stranger's house.
2. I didn't know when supper would be served and I didn't want starving Lambs while they were waiting.
3. I didn't want the Lambs to totally pig out and not leave food for everyone else to eat.

That ended up being good because it was awhile until we ate. Lamb 3 didn't really like it and ate very little besides bread and dessert. Lamb 1 and 2 totally pigged out when it was finally time to eat and also ate a lot of snacks before dinner. Even Ram was shocked how much fruit Lamb 1 ate before dinner.

As we were cleaning up the hostess said usually she prepares way too much food for company, but she made the perfect amount because there weren't many leftovers after dinner with us. I'm not sure if that was a compliment. The hostess seemed glad that we ate her food. I do know that life with three boys elementary school age is way different than when they were toddlers and completely different than families without boys. Although their toddler boy ate quite a lot too. No wonder why my grocery bill is so huge! I can only imagine when they are all teenagers...

No comments: