Sunday, December 30, 2012

Back to the present part 2

When we lived in MN we lived 20 miles from a small movie theater that didn't always advertise their movies well, 1 1/2 hours from a little bigger theater, and 3 hours from a big movie theater. It was basically impossible for Ram and I to go to the movies without the Lambs in the winter, because of having to plan for a babysitter not knowing what the weather was like. Plus movies were never at the small theater for long so planning for a babysitter was difficult. We couldn't get a babysitter for a 3 or 6 hour round trip driving plus the movie time. Almost all the movies that are worth watching come out in the winter and are gone by late spring. The Lambs have never been to the movie theater because when I wanted to take them to see Winnie the Pooh there was a mix up when the theater was showing it. The small movie theater 20 miles away did not have their schedule online. We didn't live in that town so we didn't notice when movies were showing by just driving by.
When I was pregnant with Lamb 2 we visited my parents and they watched Lamb 1 while Ram and I went to see the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. I really wanted to see Prince Caspian but babysitting just didn't work out. By the time of the Voyage of the Dawn Treader came out I gave up on going to the theater. Ram went to see one movie without me since we saw the first Narnia movie. But I had not been to a movie theater since January 2006.
Thankfully all 3 of the Lord of the Rings movies came out before Lamb 1 was born. We saw the first one on our honeymoon, second one on our trip to ID to spend Christmas with Ram's family, and third one in that small theater 20 miles away while I was pregnant with Lamb 1. We also saw Luther and the Passion in the theater before Lamb 1 was born. Thankfully we were able to watch the other movies we wanted to see on DVD.
Everyone told me the Hobbit was really good and we needed to go see it. Finding a babysitter and working around Ram's schedule at Advent/Christmas time was a challenge. Ram's parents had see the movie in 3-D. They offered to watch the Lambs while we went to see it on Friday afternoon. It was a one day early anniversary date.
We saw the 3-D version and I'm really glad. The 3-D glasses were $2.50 but we kept ours and plan to keep them for the second Hobbit movie next year. Both Ram and I reread the Hobbit before we went to the movie. I'm so glad I had the book fresh in my mind.
I had not been to the movie theater for 7 years and then we went to a nice theater and watched a 3-D movie. One day we got TV at our house and the next day we went to the movie theater.

No comments: