Thursday, December 26, 2013

The first day of Christmas

Stockings today: Lamb 1-small Star Wars Lego set (bought on sale at Target)
Lamb 2-small Lego Creator set (bought at Barnes and Noble on teacher sale day)
Lamb 3-Duplo building plates (bought by mistake online, I thought I was buying Lego building plates. It turned out ok as they pulled their Duplo out and played with it again.)

I saw a magazine article talking about the 12 days of Christmas with ideas for foods you could serve each day. I figured since we are actually home and on vacation this year, this would be fun. I tried to think of ideas that were paleo and ideas that would be treats for our family. I will try to blog about this each day. Some of the foods are desserts, some are appetizers, and some are the main course. Some are what the magazine suggested, most are my own ideas.

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me a partridge in a pear tree.

Treat for first day of Christmas:
grain free apple and pear crisp with vanilla Coconut Bliss ice cream on top

After church and opening the presents from Aunt Hannah, we had a relaxing day at home together. We ate crepes/lingonberries/whipped cream and ham. We called and talked to all our family. The Lambs played with their new toys and watched their favorite TV show, Wild Kratts. I was surprised there were new episodes this week. The Lambs are happy that we aren't going anywhere and they can watch their show daily. I made the pear crisp and we had dessert before bedtime. Ram and Ewe each had some reading time yesterday, I even finished a book I began a few weeks ago!

No comments: