Sunday, February 28, 2016

The Magic of Ordinary Days

My friend Kristen blogged about this Hallmark movie here. I haven't watched a Hallmark movie for years. I decided to read the book first. The book was a fast read and I enjoyed it. I decided to go ahead and get the movie from the library.

I don't want to spoil the book or the movie, but I will admit that there was a part towards the end of the book that was not believable to me-I don't think the history part of this could have happened. I wish the author would have left that part out and just stuck with the main story.

I was pleasantly surprised how the movie dealt with this part of the story. The movie dealt with it in a way that I thought could have happened. The history still wasn't perfect, but it was more believable than the book. Here is an example of a movie that I thought was better than the book.

Recently I have been really disgusted with movies. They either get the theology wrong or the history wrong or don't stick to the story the way that the author wrote it in the book. This was a movie that I didn't have a problem with the theology. The main male character definitely understood and followed through on his vocation as a husband and father. The female character was a pastor's daughter, but it took the whole movie for her to catch on to her vocation as wife and mother. I was amazed how closely the movie stayed to the book (with the exception of the part mentioned above).

I highly recommend The Magic of Ordinary Days movie.  I am also going to see what other books the author wrote.

1 comment:

Kristen @ Joyfully Thriving said...

I know exactly what part of the movie you are talking about - and that has always been my one frustration with the movie. I never even thought about reading the book! Silly me. I just requested it from the library. I'm glad you enjoyed the movie (overall) too!