Thursday, October 29, 2009

Advice wanted

Ram's grandma likes to buy us Christmas presents. She likes to go to one store for everything. So the past few years we have given her a wish list for Barnes and Noble. The last few weeks she has been bugging me for our list so that she can buy it and send it here by Christmas.
It took me a long time to come up with something for her to buy for each of the Lambs. She doesn't want to "just" get them books. For the past few years we had her get Thomas the train pieces because they sell them at B&N. I think the Lambs have far too much Thomas the train and I don't want them to get tons more. I finally came up with a couple of books and a movie that she can get them. I'm not sure if she will like buying "just" books and a movie, but I know they are things the Lambs will like. I did also notice that B&N has a huge toy section this year, but they seemed overpriced and not really what the Lambs would want.
Ram had no trouble coming up with a book he wanted to put on his wish list. So now, I'm the one that is having trouble. Here's my dilemma. I would like either a classic or a book for homekeeping that I will use for a long time, and remember that Grandpa and Grandma gave it to me each time I look at it. Ram says I shouldn't think about it so much and just pick something. I've been hoping I would look at a blog and they would recommend a book, but that hasn't happened. So, do you have any good books to recommend for my wish list?

3 comments:

Gina said...

I always love a cookbook that came from someone special, do you have or are you interested in the classics of those - Joy of Cooking, or such?

Esther said...

A cookbook would be my suggestion too--Joy of Cooking is a wonderful choice! I'd go with that one too!

Dakotapam said...

Home Comforts is my favorite homekeeping book. I really need to pick it back up again! http://www.amazon.com/Home-Comforts-Science-Keeping-House/dp/0743272862/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1256934908&sr=8-1