Monday, October 15, 2012

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Day

October 15 is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Day. I would put a link, but many of the sites I found want us to remember our children that are now angels. I believe my 6 miscarried Lambs are in heaven, but they are not angels. Angels were created during creation by God, not babies that go to heaven.
We have not named our miscarried babies. This is partly because I would have a difficult time coming up with 12 (first and middle) names. Also because each time we have had a baby boy we have saved our girl names. I feel like we should save our baby names for any possible future living children. Also our 3 boys only know about one of these miscarriages. It is much easier for all of us when they talk about our miscarried baby thinking of that one and I think of all of our miscarriages. Someday I would like to name them, but not yet.
If our miscarried babies would have lived, we would have a 7 year old and 5 children that are under 3 years old. This is a difficult concept for me because if the 7 year old would have lived then we wouldn't have Lamb 2.
I wish I had some great words of wisdom for others that have experienced the loss of an infant. I have found the book and blog He Remembers the Barren very helpful. Also, I'm blogging about this because I know very few women that had more than one or two miscarriages-I'm here to tell you that I've had 6. You are not alone if you have had several miscarriages.
I imagine we all know someone that has had a miscarriage or stillbirth or loss of an infant under age one. Today is a good day to remember those families in your prayers.

"The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18


No comments: