Friday, October 5, 2012

Rapunzel, let your hair down again!

During our vacation I stopped at my favorite hair stylist and had my hair cut. It ended up being almost exactly 2 years since the first Rapunzel letting her hair down

This was taken the day before the hair cut. 

12 inches were given to Wigs 4 Kids with childhood leukemia, if I pull the wavy hair straight (which is allowed). After 21 inches two years ago, it didn't seem like very much.

I forgot to take a picture after the haircut. When I thought of it after vacation, my camera was in the shop. Now it has been a few months and my hair is a little longer. Oh well. I don't even have any photos of myself around that time because I usually take the pictures. It was cut a little longer this time than last time. Last time I was excited after the hair cut when it grew out long enough to reach to touch my chin again. This time it touched below my chin right after it was cut. I suppose I could have donated an inch or two more this time, but I don't like my hair that short. I'm going to try to grow my hair out and get it cut/donate at least one more time before I turn 40.

As always, this hair was donated to Wigs 4 Kids with childhood leukemia in memory of our friend, Harrison. I received a thank you card from Wigs for Kids and Harrison's mom received a card too. Harrison is still in our hearts and his family is still in our thoughts and prayers.

No comments: