Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Happy Birthday to Ewe!

I'm grieving the election results today. The implications of what more people in our country wanted as a worldview is frightening and immoral. Neither the unborn or disabled or elderly are protected with Obamacare or were remembered on election day. The definition of traditional marriage lost the day in our former state.
I have been too busy to plan meals for today so nothing special. Ram's schedule doesn't allow us time to go out to eat for any meals today. Each birthday is a reminder to me that I'm getting closer to the age where it will be impossible for me to hold another babe in my womb.
Our weather has drastically changed. Yesterday was 72 degrees. Today it is 60 and we expect temperatures in the 30's and rain tonight. We don't have rain often in this desert and if it does rain I feel like God will be shedding tears for us.

Yet I have a wonderful mom that wrote me a note for 39 days before my birthday. A sister that gave me chocolate for my birthday. A mother in law that gave me nice tea and other treats for my birthday. A calendar day with nothing on the schedule for me today. I'm thankful that I didn't have to go out in public, I may have said some words I regret later. I'm thankful that the election was not on my birthday. I'm thankful that Ram and I got to celebrate my birthday a few weeks ago with a date to Cherish the Ladies.

So today I went back to bed for a little this morning after I got Lamb 3 off to preschool. We opened presents when he got home. Ram made lunch. I had a nice cup of tea and some chocolate this afternoon. I'm going to make homemade pizza tonight. I'm going to plan my birthday meals for Ram's next day off. I was pleasantly surprised that when I logged onto Hotmail today it wished me a happy birthday!

I'm thankful for a husband that has a good job that he likes even if it keeps him away today and one that doesn't have to travel so will be home tonight. I'm thankful for 3 boys, one which made me a homemade card that was precious. I'm thankful for pretty independent boys now-especially to be done with diapers! I'm thankful for a church family that remembered my birthday. I'm thankful to get along with inlaws, parents, and my sister so well. I'm thankful for good health and a nice home.

And after a night of mourning, I will take a big breath and pray for President Obama and our Congressmen and Senators. I will continue to pray and fight for the rights of the unborn. After a big gulp I'll try to be thankful for the chance to pray for Obama even more than I did his first 4 years.

I know and was reminded on my birthday cards today:

"The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing." Zephaniah 3:17

"May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints of light." Colossians 1:11-12





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday - I always enjoy your down-to-earth thoughts. The election results were disappointing but you are right, it's certainly going to give us plenty more time to pray for our leaders who have been given to us (even when we might not agree with them). Enjoy the day and enjoy your family.