Monday, April 28, 2014

Happy Birthday, Ram!

Ram's birthday was yesterday. Lamb 3 remarked that Ram was lucky to pick the hymns for his birthday-the pastor always picks the hymns with help from the members!
I volunteered to bring treats for Fellowship Time in honor of his birthday. I did not know when I volunteered that the preschool children would be singing in church and there would be many visitors to also feed. I made one pan of gluten free brownies, and one cake mix each of yellow and chocolate cupcakes. I brought one box of small donut holes and chocolate chip cookies from the bakery and a big bowl of huge strawberries. I brought home a few strawberries, cupcakes, and about half a pan of brownies. I found it humorous that they ate every one of the store bought treats and not all the homemade ones. My sister made the flags for the cupcakes. A visitor asked if we did Fellowship Time every week. I didn't know how to answer that question-we do have treats after church but not usually as much as I brought yesterday.

After about a month of beautiful weather and even sleeping with the windows open a few nights, we have had a rainy cold week. I never expected snow predicted here the end of April. I don't know if we actually got snow because it was supposed to come in the middle of the night, but we did get the rain. Our area needs rain so we don't complain when we get it.

In the afternoon we went to the garden center and bought a few more plants for our yard. Rain yesterday meant that we got a 25% discount. I doubt when they made these flyers up they expected Boise to have so many rainy days where they had to give the bigger discount. When we went in the late afternoon it was sunny and nice but it had rained earlier in the day so we got the rain discount.

Ram's parents plan to visit to celebrate Ram's birthday in a few weeks and they will also celebrate Lamb 2's birthday early. Ram opened a few presents from my sister and homemade cards from the Lambs. My sister and both sets of parents called Ram yesterday. We did have most of his birthday meals and plan to have the rest soon. He enjoyed a break from cooking some of his favorite meals.

Breakfast: fried eggs and bacon
Lunch: egg salad
Supper: meatloaf, sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts
Snack: sweet and salty popcorn
Dessert: He requested peanut butter cookies, but we'll finish the leftover sweets from Fellowship Time first.

No comments: