Thursday, April 24, 2014

What the Lambs think about marriage

*We have spoken to the Lambs about spouses of the people they know by calling them sweeties. This has postponed conversations with the Lambs about unmarried or divorced couples which has been very helpful as part of a pastor's family. It also helped when they knew one member at church, but not that member's spouse. For example: Your Sunday School teacher's sweetie. Plus it makes me smile to think of couples married over 50 years as sweeties.

1. When we listened to Tom Sawyer, there is a chapter where Tom has a discussion with his friends if they want to get married when they grow up. The consensus for Tom and his friends is they don't want to get married because married couples just fight a lot. I asked the Lambs about what they thought of that. Lamb 2 immediately answered, "Why would I fight with my sweetie?" It made me happy that he doesn't think married couples fight.

2. We raised caterpillars and are ready to release the butterflies but the weather hasn't cooperated for release- it has been rainy, cold, and windy. I am just hoping that we don't have to raise more butterflies because we are delaying the release. Lamb 1 said he thinks he knows which ones are male because he thinks some of them have brighter colors than other ones. I don't see that, but he does. Lamb 2 said he thinks he knows which ones are males because they fly around the cage more. Lamb 2 said, "Boys are always looking for a sweetie." I expect both Lamb 1 and 2 are right in more ways than they realize.


1 comment: