Saturday, April 12, 2014

Productive Days

Yesterday I did school with the Lambs and then we worked to clean up their play room. We are trying to keep up with it and really clean it often so it is not so bad when they do clean up. They had cleaned it themselves a few weeks ago so Grandpa could see where to build a train table when he visited. It needed an adult to help reach the high parts of the closet etc. to get it completely cleaned up. I also encouraged them to throw some things out and put some toys they had outgrown in the donate pile. The Lambs practiced piano and Lamb 3 did his speech homework. While we cleaned up the playroom Ram ran a few errands. Then I ran errands all afternoon.
While I was gone Ram and the Lambs cleaned out the car-taking out toys and coats and mittens that had fallen under seats-throwing away trash, and even vacuuming out the car. They also did a little organize the garage and sweep the patio work.
In the afternoon I got my hair trimmed. That is a whole different post about finally getting my hair trimmed. I did go to Starbucks to reward myself for finally doing that. I went to two grocery stores. I had lots of coupons to use at Target. I had coupons to use at Kohls. I had taken clothes the Lambs had outgrown to two different used children's stores so had credit to use at both stores. I spent all my credit. Some of what I bought is too big for Lamb 1 but I know he will grow in to it. They often grow in to clothes before I expect them to and I like to be prepared with a few clothes in the next size. I went to Hallmark for a few cards-it's overwhelming how many family birthdays and holidays are coming up-I'm glad I have many cards in stock thanks to my crafty sister, but I needed some specific ones.
Ram made hamburgers on the grill for supper and we ate on the clean patio. Since the play room was cleaned up the Lambs decided to put their sleeping bags in there and camp out in the playroom last night. They were up talking until very late and tonight we had some tired and grouchy Lambs.

Today I was up early to get to Barnes and Noble for their teacher days. I love that they let homeschoolers participate. If you went this morning you got a free drink from their cafe. I bought some books for Ram with my discount and his birthday money that his Grandma just sent. I stopped at Joann to browse some fabric for some projects I have in mind but decided to wait until I have a better coupon and more time to get those projects going. Then I went to church to help them set up. Our ladies had a get together with a delicious lunch, exchanged prayer pal names, and one lady gave a presentation of flowers in the Bible.
While I was gone Ram took the Lambs to an event at Toys R Us where they received a small Lego set to build a car from the Lego movie. Ram made sure to get them there early because it was a while supplies last event. They were so glad because shortly after the start time they started to run out. I don't know why they started early but the Lambs were glad to get free Legos. They have built and rebuilt them a few times today.
I took a nap and Ram made supper-a new recipe for us with sausage and potatoes. The Lambs surprised me and they all liked it and asked us to make it again. Then Ram helped the Lambs move their caterpillars into their butterfly habitat. I gave all the Lambs and Ram hair cuts. After showers the Lambs laid their clothes out for tomorrow.
After the Lambs went to bed Ram decided to tackle a project in our entry way that I've wanted to do for awhile. First he sent all the winter coats and hats and gloves to the laundry room to be washed and put away. Then he washed the cubbies and even used Magic Eraser on the bad spots. Then he put the hats and shoes etc. in yellow fabric bins that I bought. Then he swept the whole area because it is that time of year to get ants again if we don't sweep regularly. I love to see the organized area and the cheery bright yellow bins. It's even better because I didn't have to do that project!

Tomorrow the Sunday School kids sing in church and there is also confirmation. It will be a busy but joyful day at church. If we are not too tired after that Ram may borrow a mower as our lawn really needs to be mowed but our lawnmower is in the shop for 3 weeks for service. Note to self-don't wait until spring to get your mower serviced.

This past week the Lambs had a break from track and I wish the break was this week as it is Holy Week. Next week we are back to regular schedule of therapy, track, and add in Holy Week services and it will be a very busy week. Easter Monday Ram will do a funeral and we will help with the funeral dinner. I don't think our schedule will really let up until track is done this year.

No comments: