Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Lamb 2 makes me smile!

Conversation tonight while reading a book to Lamb 2:
Ewe reads: What is your favorite part of your church family?
Lamb 2: Everything!
Ewe presses for an answer: I'm glad you like everything, but can you think of one specific thing?
Lamb 2: Going up to communion to get blessing.

I was surprised that he didn't answer Sunday School or visiting with his friends (both children and adults). This is the Lamb that I have the most trouble with in church, including while we go up to the communion rail. Can you imagine when Lamb 2 is old enough to receive communion instead of just a blessing? It makes me so happy when we are all up at the communion rail with all the company of heaven. I think of all our relatives that are in heaven (many that Lamb 2 never met on earth). I get teary-eyed just thinking about it!

Holy, holy, holy Lord, Lord God of power and might: Heaven and earth are full of Your glory. Hosanna. Hosanna. Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord. Hosanna in the highest. (Sanctus)

No comments: