Friday, August 7, 2009

Roasted Garbanzos

Ram found this recipe somewhere on the internet (I think on the MSN site) and I would give credit if I knew where he got it!
We buy a lot of cans of garbanzo beans. Last time we were at Costco we stocked up again. We use them for salads, hummus, and MckMama's tuna salad. A few days ago Ram tried roasting garbanzos in the oven. They were delicious!

Drain garbanzos in a shallow roasting pan.
Drizzle with olive oil and seasoning of your choice (salt, garlic salt, lemon pepper, etc.).
Shake to coat.
Roast at 400 for 25 minutes.
Check after about 10 minutes to be sure the garbanzos aren't burning. Shake the pan half way through cooking so they get evenly browned.
Let cool slightly and serve warm or at room temperature.

We used garlic salt and served them warm. All 3 Lambs gobbled them up. Lamb 3 loved a snack that he could eat too. (Sometimes we have nuts or something he would choke on that he can't have.) We ended up making 2 cans so everyone could have plenty. I highly recommend roasted garbanzos as a healthy snack. I can imagine eating this while watching a movie at home.

1 comment:

Dakotapam said...

Wow! That looks totally yummy! I have a huge THING for garbanzos...though I don't care for hummus! They are so good for you!