Thursday, October 21, 2010

Family Update

I have many things to blog about, but each night it seems like 11pm comes way too quickly. In the past few days I processed and froze many tomatoes and a little applesauce. I baked cookies and zucchini muffins. I made cheddar vegetable potato soup. We've done shortened homeschool days. Being Ram's nurse is getting easier as he recovers more each day. The Lambs have been put to work cleaning up some areas in the living room and their bedroom. They have much more to do, but I'm expecting a little each day. I've done a lot of laundry and dishes. My dad and Lamb 1 went to a friend's house to get their hair cut and we had time to visit while we were there. My dad is starting to get used to his schedule here and also getting his sermons written. Ram has had a few visitors including an LCMS pastor that gave him the Sacrament of Holy Communion. Ram has read a little bit the last few days, but before that all he did was sleep, which is what the doctor ordered. We filled out and our church treasurer filled out lots of paperwork for Ram to be on disability. I've ordered a few things online and this came in helpful when I'm not taking any long distance shopping trips in the next month. I've talked to my sister and she's doing great in South Korea. Other friends have also called to get an update on Ram and we've had time to chat. Ram finished his pain medication and is going to try to tough it out now instead of becoming addicted. We did a little grocery shopping in the town 7 miles away and the Lambs were much improved in helping at the grocery as compared to the week before.

I did want to share what happened during Bible Story yesterday in our homeschool. We did the story of the 10 Plagues. I was explaining to the Lambs what boils were. Lamb 2 asked if boils were like what was wrong with the 10 Lepers. I'm so proud of the Lambs for remembering their Bible stories from both homeschool and from Sunday School.

1 comment:

Dakotapam said...

Thank you so much for the update! It is so wonderful that your dad can fill in during Ram's recovery!

I'm so sorry for not letting you now of my blog move sooner, I forgot that the redirect does not affect the blogrolls or readers. Oops!

And thank you, so much for supporting our mission, even in the midst of such upheaval for your family. You will never truly know how much everyone's support means to us! We can hardly express it ourselves.

I think you are doing such a great job in homeschooling the boys. I think they will be forever grateful to you for all of the time and energy you have put into it!