Friday, January 21, 2011

Photos from Fargo

When we first got to the conference on Thursday, I took the Lambs around to the display tables to get free chocolate and other treats. While we were walking around Rev. Harrison came up and gave me a hug. I asked him if he was going home afterwards or going on to Fort Wayne or somewhere. He said he was going home so I told him I had something to give him. (crosses one of our members made and cookies I made for his boys) Then I took the Lambs back to the hotel room. I was not successful at getting the Lambs to take a nap. Since we don't have TV at home, they were thrilled to watch TV. I let them watch almost 3 hours of TV. Then we got dressed and went downstairs as they were ending their last session of the day. We stayed downstairs and chatted with friends for about an hour before the banquet began.

Ewe, Lamb 3, Lamb 2, Rev. Harrison

I took a lot of photos of the band at the banquet, but they didn't turn out well. I'm sure you've seen photos posted on other blogs. We took the Lambs to the banquet. There were other babies, but our Lambs were the only children there. They were really nice and got the boys kids meals. Lamb 3 fell asleep during the dinner and slept in my lap. He woke up and ate during the entertainment. During the entertainment, Lamb 1 and 2 played with their cars under the table. Ram had to go down there and tell them to not be so loud a couple of times. We were over to the side of the banquet hall and they weren't that loud. The next day the man in charge of meals told me they were well behaved at the banquet. That was a relief for me as I thought maybe they had been louder than I thought. I didn't take any photos, but we sat with Leah (college friend) and Allen.

Ewe, Lamb 3, DakotaPam, Elizabeth, Emily

Usually there are several moms and kids at conferences like this. I met Pam at a conference a few years ago. A few of our other homeschooling friends had planned to go, but either had a change of plans or had sickness in their family so the dads came without them. I was so glad that Pam came and I met the twins for the first time. Their birthday was Friday. I know it has been a difficult year for Pam with twins, but I was amazed at her. I saw her in the swimming pool at the hotel with her girls. About 15 minutes later she was out of the pool, dressed up and the girls were both dressed in their adorable Christmas dresses. She made the excuse that she had left her hair up in the pool and she didn't have many choices for dressing up, but that was incredible to me. We had a little time to chat, but the girls really keep her moving. I was amazed that she easily carried the girls (even carried two car seats) and especially that she got them arranged for this photo all by herself. I always had a difficult time with just one baby and she has truly become a pro with two in this year. Unfortunately she didn't get any sleep at the hotel as she didn't bring the pack n' play in order to save room in the car and then they got stuck in Fargo another night because of the weather, but she made the best of the situation and had a great weekend.
After the banquet then we took the Lambs swimming. Lamb 3 was brave enough to try swimming for the first time. Lamb 1 tried to really swim, much better than before he had swim lessons.

While the conference finished up on Friday then we got together with the E family in their hotel room. Lamb 1 was upset that he had to hang out with all these "strangers" so Ewe could talk to the other moms. Lamb 2 and 3 had a good time with the kids. Ram came in to tell us that the conference was about done. So we took our chance to take a photo. Lamb 3 wouldn't take it without Ram. Lamb 1 didn't want to take a photo at all. This was the best of several photos I took. I think that Lamb 2 has a young admirer!

After the conference then we got a bite to eat and did a little shopping. I was afraid we would have to stay another night in a hotel in Fargo because it was snowing. We decided to try to go home. Once we got out of Fargo it stopped snowing and the drive home was fine. We were all tired so we decided to stop for a bite to eat at a restaurant near our home. The Lambs were tired and it took a long time to get our food. We finally ate and got the Lambs to bed. It was a long but fun two day trip to Fargo.


HappyFox said...

Great pictures!


Dakotapam said...

You make me laugh. I'm not wonder woman, I just drink a lot of coffee! I'm also pretty used to being at conferences and the like solo with the kids. The Rev. was a delegate in 2004 to the synod convention in St.Louis. I had all four boys in a downtown hotel pretty much solo the whole time. Ethan was just a few months old at the time, we took shuttles to the convention center, went to restaurants, the zoo and museums with me as the only adult. In comparison, two one year olds and a 14 year old in a small hotel is super easy!
It was good to see you, and I'm glad you got back safely!