I have a Mary Engelbright bookmark with this saying on it. For the last few years we have prayed for a Call for Ram. We went from the second largest city in IN to a town of 113 in MN. It took me a long time to get to this point, but I can honestly say that we like living here and I do not want to move. But we can tell that these small churches will soon no longer be able to afford a pastor with 8 years experience like Ram. We continued to pray and nothing seemed to be happening.
Yesterday Ram received the paperwork that he has a Call to ID near Boise. The church is in a growing area. Many things that were in our prayers and dreams for the future are right about this Call. We would be 3 hours from Ram's parents. We would live near my college friend, Joelle. We would live near Costco. We would live near the state capital. I could go on and on about the things that are "right" about this Call. I was shocked that he received this Call and I don't know why because it is what we've been asking for in our prayers.
We prayed for "rain" and we received "rain" which made "mud". It is a difficult decision for Ram to make for our family. Please keep Ram in your prayers while he is considering this Call. Please pray for me to be a good wife whatever his decision is. Our Lambs only know life in a very small town where they could play in the street, had to walk to the post office as mail wasn't delivered, and had to drive 3 hours to go to the dentist. Please pray for the Lambs to adjust if the decision is yes. Please pray for our three churches here in MN.
Ram plans to announce at both the church there and the churches here what his decision is on October 2.