Saturday, September 17, 2011

Oh, Ewe of little faith...

I do the financial books in our family. September is always a rough month paying the for a propane fill for heat, paying ahead for all our propane for the winter (much cheaper to pay for it in September than as it is filled during the winter), and paying quarterly estimated taxes on top of the other regular bills. We took a few trips (Doxology, Betsy Tacy houses, DeSmet, SD) this summer and those credit card bills are now due. The electric bill was high after air conditioning from our warm days this summer. We try to save throughout the year to be prepared for this but that doesn't always work out. We do have money in savings and Ram reminded me that is what the money in savings is for, but I hate to tap into that savings to just pay bills-would rather save the savings for true emergencies. So I was thinking about this but not truly worried about it.
I try to usually pay bills immediately when we receive them but I had a couple sitting here waiting for money to pay them even though I knew I couldn't wait as long as pay day because they were due before that.
Ram did a funeral last Saturday and we've been so busy that I forgot that pastors often get a  check for funerals until he handed it to me. Then all 3 of the churches gave him his paychecks a few days before pay day. It is very rare that any of the churches pay him early, usually they are right on time for pay day. (So thankful for that, I know that isn't true for all churches!)

Cast all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

I just love to see how God has provided for our needs after we pray about it and sometimes before we even ask Him!

No comments: