Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Western snow

Yesterday morning it snowed for a few minutes, really for a few minutes. The snow was unlike anything I have ever seen before-it was little white pellets. It reminded me of the small pellets inside bean bags. Ram said I need to get used to dry snow in the West. This photo was taken from Ram's iPhone so I'm not sure if you can see the pellets on the sidewalk.
Then yesterday afternoon Ram took the Lambs for bike rides around the neighborhood. Lamb 3 did not go as he was just waking up for a nap, but Ram and Lamb 1 and 2 went. After bike rides then they all took a walk around the neighborhood.
Lamb 3's preschool class did not go outside for recess today. His favorite part of preschool is going outside so he was very disappointed. I couldn't believe they wouldn't go outside when it was in the high 20s. They follow the public schools on that. Lamb 3 doesn't understand because I make him wear a coat and hat to preschool, the rest of the time I let them go outside in sweatshirts. It will take us awhile to get used to the weather here. I realized today that it has been about 60 degrees warmer here than the Lambs were used to some of the days in a typical January in MN. They were used to -30 in January for their entire lifetimes. I'm just glad we moved to ID instead of being really drastic and moving to FL!

No comments: