Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Photo Books and Memories

One of the churches that Ram served at in MN is celebrating their 125th anniversary. We really wanted to attend the celebration but we already had made other plans for that weekend.
I have wanted to make a photo book of our time in MN. I got the idea to make a book just of our time at this one church. It took hours to sort through pictures and choose the ones from this church and organize them into a book. Those photos were already all uploaded to Snapfish, but unfortunately we did not organize them well at the beginning of using Snapfish. This was due to a combination of being really busy with 3 young boys and 3 churches, also only dial up internet, and getting used to our first digital camera. Even though they are unorganized, they are all there, I just clicked on the correct photos. It has paid off to stick with Snapfish for the last 11 years.
I was really happy how it turned out. I don't know what the people at this church will think of it. It is so bittersweet-we have such good memories of our time and the people at our churches in MN, but we aren't there any more. I did get choked up looking at a few of the pictures and I bet the members would get choked up about even more. I am sending a copy for their 125th anniversary for everyone to look at. I also will order a copy for our family. Perhaps if there is a good sale at Snapfish I will also order a copy for each of the Lambs for when they are older.
Some day I would like to make a book for the other two churches in MN too. Also a book for all the "field trips" and things we did in the community while we were in MN. I should probably begin a book for our time at our current church in ID. I don't know how much of what we do at our churches and especially the people at our churches will be remembered by the Lambs when they grow up. I want to be able to show them photos of people and events at our churches to help jog their memories.
We got married during Ram's last year of Seminary so we did not have the traditional married couple at the Seminary experience nor did I have the traditional Seminary wife experience. I was never warned of just how close you will get to the members of your husband's first Call. All 3 of the Lambs were baptized there and they all began Sunday School there. Those members were there for us when they found out about my first miscarriages. Those members were patient as Ram began being a Pastor and we began our family. When it was time to move on to the next Call, I knew moving was good for our family, but I didn't want to leave the people at our old congregation(s). I pray that we can remain at our current church until Ram retires so we never have to do this again.

8 1/2 years of memories for our family happened here

2 comments:

Kristen @ Joyfully Thriving said...

Good for you, Ewe! Photobooks are such a nice, tangibke way to hold onto memories.

Jody said...

We're still at my husband's first call, and I completely know what you mean.