Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Lamb 3's birth story

I am posting Lamb 3's birth story in honor of his birthday tomorrow. I went for an ultrasound on April 1, 2008 in the morning. The decision was made to induce that afternoon because Lamb 3 was small and I had only put on 10 lbs the entire pregnancy. The due date was April 9. I came home and prepared Lamb 1 and 2 for me to go to the hospital. Lamb 1 is very much into routine and needed to know what was going on. Ram and I went back to the hospital (about 45 minutes away) and the induction started at 4:30pm. At about 2:30am they checked me and I was 5 cm so they called the midwife and decided to fill the tub for a waterbirth. My water broke then and I did not push, but Lamb 3 just popped out! The midwife did not make it. They had not started to fill the tub with water. The nurses didn't have their gloves on yet. The nurse in charge of the newborn baby had gone to the bathroom. One nurse hurried to put a glove on and caught him. He was born at 3:07am. The nurses all came to meet me over the next couple of days as it is practically unheard of to go from 5cm to baby out in less than a 1/2 hour! It was a miracle that he was born 1 1/2 hours before the deadline (for inducing) to start pictocin or something stronger. It snowed on April 2 so I think the weather change helped us too. Lamb 3 was born healthy and 6 lbs 10oz and 21 inches. He is the only Lamb that I had out of the water (not a waterbirth).

Just like Lamb 1, Lamb 3 had a knot in his cord

Lamb 3 with Mama at the hospital the day he was born

Ram with Lamb 3 at the hospital on the day he was born


Lamb 3 was tiny but healthy!


Lamb 2 didn't like Mama being gone to the hospital and took a long time to adjust to Lamb 3, but he loved being a big brother


Lamb 3 was so tiny when we put him in the car seat to go home from the hospital

Lamb 1 loved helping with Lamb 3, especially at bath time

Lamb 3 at 2 months
He sucked his thumb for awhile, but doesn't suck his thumb now
We praise God that we were blessed with a healthy boy. We have enjoyed this past year with him.

1 comment:

Esther said...

Holy moly, that was fast! Happy Birthday to Lamb 3, he's precious!