Thursday, April 30, 2009

Book Meme

I really have not done very many memes and now I'm doing them two days in a row. Ram said I had to do this one since it involved books! Thanks Jane!

Book Confessions Meme
1. To mark your page you: use a bookmark, bend the page corner, leave the book open face down? I try to use bookmarks but one of the Lambs usually removes them. Sometimes I leave the book open face down until I can get a bookmark. I usually have to remember about what page I was on because the Lambs "help" me so much.
2. Do you lend your books? No-no friends here to lend them to. But I frequently will search for a book for a friend at Goodwill and send them a copy of a book that I like.
3. You find an interesting passage: you write in your book or NO WRITING IN BOOKS!
Yes, I write in books. Mostly I will get post it notes and write on there-I can move the post it note as I read and make notes to myself.
4. Dust jackets - leave it on or take it off? LEAVE THEM ON-THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE FOR! It drives me crazy that Ram removed some of his and threw them away before we were married. Plus you can't take books without dust jackets to Hyde Brothers if you want to trade it after you read it. When I worked at the library I frequently had to cut the information off of the dust jacket and tape it inside the book.
5. Hard cover, paperback, skip it and get the audio book?Ram wants hard cover. I don't care. Audio very rarely.
6. Do you shelve your books by subject, author, or size and color of the book spines?I have all of our huge library organized by Dewey with two exceptions. The kids have a bookshelf in their room that is not organized at all (other than on the shelf). The kids also have a box of books in the living room that they can choose to read from daily. I haven't got to organize Ram's theology books (all Dewey 200s) but I hope to have time to do that some day. We try to return books to their Dewey place when we are finished with them. I do have a pile by my chair in the living room that I am currently reading.
7. Buy it or borrow it from the library later? I am 7 miles from the library and with the Lambs so little I don't have much time to read. I own most of the books I am reading and just check out books from the library every once and awhile. I'm glad the library gives a month for me to try to complete the book before I have to renew it.
8. Do you put your name on your books - scribble your name in the cover, fancy bookplate, or stamp?Ram has a fancy bookplate. I only put a bookplate in it if I am going somewhere that I might lose the book. In this case, sometimes I put an address label inside the cover.
9. Most of the books you own are rare and out of print books or recent publications? We have a bit of everything. We probably have more older books than recent books in our collection.
10. Page edges - deckled or straight?Ram probably cares, but not me.
11. How many books do you read at one time?I usually have a big pile that I'm working on, but only actually read two at a time.
12. Be honest, ever tear a page from a book? No way, but rip up all my magazines.

No comments: