Friday, May 1, 2009

I am amazed...

at Lamb 3's verbal skills! Lamb 1 and 2 were nothing like this. On Easter Lamb 3 said "ball" when we were outside playing ball. Later we were all in the same room he said "Papa" several times until Ram paid attention to him and said, "What?". Then Lamb 3 said "play".

Today I asked Lamb 3 if he liked bananas and he said "yum yum". Lamb 3 is only 12 months old.

I finally understand when we had Lamb 1 tested for not talking-he was 2 1/2 and they said he talked like an 8 month old. Lamb 3 has already said many more words (and clear enough and makes sense in context) than Lamb 1 did when he was 2 1/2. Lamb 1 finally started talking when he was 3. Lamb 2 talked earlier than Lamb 1, but it wasn't until he was 2 1/2 that it was clear and in context and he really took off talking.

Plus, Lamb 3 is a very good listener and obeys. I'll say, "it's time to go downstairs" and he'll go wait by the basement door. I'll say, "it's time to go upstairs" and he'll get so excited that his body shakes because he gets to practice walking up the steps by himself. I'll say, "time for bath" and he'll go get the bath toys and put them in the bathtub. I'll say, "time to eat" and he'll go get a bib.

Maybe this is normal for 12 month olds, but Lamb 3 is the first one of my boys to do this!

1 comment:

Dakotapam said...

That is the wonder of a third child! Owen was much more verbal than the older two. Neither of them had much to say before age two, but both are very bright and verbal now!