Friday, January 8, 2010

Eternal Life

I've started to write this post in my head many times and scratched the ideas quickly. We'll see what comes in this post now. I would like to post about so many topics after no computer for so long. I haven't even tried to figure out how to download the photos from my new camera. I didn't have a chance to post about our Christmas, our anniversary, or many other topics since our computer broke. I promise I will get back to less serious topics next week!
Our family has a lot of experience with death (both of Ram's brothers, all of my grandparents, Ram's maternal grandparents, 2 miscarried Lambs, and other loved ones). Ram's parents knew helpful things to bring to the Baker family at their time of grief. Partly because of being a pastor, but also because of our family experiences, Ram knew what to write in their sympathy cards. Reading their blogs many of their feelings and thoughts have been MY feelings and thoughts at one time or even now. Often I can comment on blogs when I read about a miscarriage because of our experience.
Our Lambs have a lot of experience with funerals because Ram is a pastor. Ram has done over 40 funerals in the last 6 1/2 years. Sometimes in the Lambs pretend play they pretend to be a pastor and often they conduct funerals in this pretend play. Lamb 1 even writes his imaginary funerals (including how old the imaginary person is-often they are 104!) on his personal calendar. He does this so often that sometimes there isn't room on the calendar to write the real events! Often I make a cake for the funeral dinners. I rarely make cake except for funerals or birthdays. There is often leftover cake (even after the family takes some home). Often I don't take the Lambs to the funeral (to save space at our small churches for the family and friends), but we just go to the funeral dinner. So to them most funerals are fun-eat, perhaps children to play with, and eat leftover cake for a few days after the funeral. Sometimes I wish that my view of funerals was still as childlike as the Lambs view.
Then I read a passage of scripture or sing a hymn or sing the liturgy at church and I'm reminded that in those moments that I go up to the altar at Holy Communion that I am with the angels and with all the company of heaven we are magnifying His glorious name and evermore praising Him. And those moments are just a preview of eternal life. Wow! Then I'm reminded that my Heavenly Father is holding our two miscarried Lambs until I can join them. We do not have those two Lambs now, but they are waiting for us in heaven and we will have them forever.
It seems I've heard so much bad news recently from divorces, the Baker funeral, 2 births (one a friend and one just a blog that I read) that were very serious complications-(but praise God that both Mamas and babies are still here with us), not to mention the economy and politics in America today. The devil is working very hard, especially on us Christians.
Praise God that Jesus has purchased and won me from all sins, from death, and from the power of the devil. Praise God that he daily and richly forgives all my sins and the sins of all believers. Praise God that on the Last Day He will raise me and all the dead and give eternal life to me and all believers in Christ. Praise God that this is most certainly true.

No comments: