Friday, March 19, 2010

Blogging

While I haven't gone as long blogging as some of my other friends (one went 7 months without blogging), I haven't blogged as much as I did before. I try to post once a day. This is my 11th post on the 19th day of March. Not terrible, but not as often as I would like.
I didn't blog about the first of Lamb 1's new goldfish dying or about Lamb 2 throwing up all over everything in the middle of the night a few nights ago or about some of the things I've discovered as I cleaned out my memorabilia to scrapbook or many other topics that I could have blogged about recently. I haven't blogged very many photos from our new camera.
A few weeks ago I had several comments about my blog (e-mail and verbal and blog comments). They were all comments that I'm...very thorough on my blog. And how do I ever find time to blog so much?
Ram started his blog last August and he started out posting a few times a week. Now he is just posting his sermons and not much more. He said he simply lost interest in blogging. He would rather read a book than to write a blog post. Blogging wasn't as interesting to him as he thought it would be. Another blog that Ram read sometimes just posted that he will no longer be blogging as he is interested in other things and doesn't want to devote time to blogging right now. He still plans to post his sermons at another site. Ram would probably start doing the same thing if he had a church website to post his sermons at. So for now he continues to post his sermons on his blog and once and awhile something will catch his interest enough to blog about it.
I enjoy blogging and I would like to have enough time to "blog ahead" a few days so when we get busy I don't get behind on blogging. But right now I don't have time for that. Part of my problem is that I'm interested/involved in so many areas of my life right now-Lambs, homeschooling, homekeeping, scrapbooking, etc.-and I will be involved in all these areas for many years. My blog is not just primarily one topic like homeschooling or sewing or photography with occasional posts about something besides the primary topic. Because of this, I think blogging comes easy to me because I have several different areas to blog about. But it also makes it difficult to narrow down which topic to blog about and focus on that.
I often get my ideas for blogging from what my friends post. It seems like recently my friends have been as busy as I have been and not posting as often. Add in that our miscarriages have been on my mind a lot and I don't want to be depressing with that kind of blog posts. I have been reading my friends blogs, but just haven't had time to leave comments.
I'm also trying to clean out things here-the other day I worked on the bathroom cupboard for a little while-not done there yet, and I've been working on my scrapbook supplies for several days. If I spend time doing that, then I don't have time to blog. And I still need to keep up with homeschooling, dishes, and laundry.
I think this post has become a "thorough ramble". I guess I'll continue to post when I have time AND I'm inspired with a blog post idea. I'm still here even if I don't post as often as before. If I read your blog regularly (on my blog list on my sidebar), even if I don't have time to comment, I'm still thinking and praying for you.

No comments: