Monday, March 15, 2010

New Things

Angie posted here about some new things she is trying. I thought it was a great idea for a blog post. Here's a list of some things we have tried/started doing in the last 6 months. When I list these, it's amazing to me how many of these I took advice of Loopers and/or blogs I read. Most are to save money or be green or eat healthier. If you would have told me just 5 years ago that I would be doing almost anything on this list, I would have thought you were crazy!

*Bought BumGenius diapers for Lamb 3 and began using them at night time for him (I never thought I would cloth diaper at night time too) (I don't want Pampers to get my money!)
*Bought my first bra online that was not for nursing (I never thought I could get the size correct without trying it on)
*Bought my first dress online that was not for nursing
*Drink raw milk (Ram, Ewe, Lamb 2)
*Took RPW's advice and bought my first expensive coconut oil (I'm waiting for it to ship)
*Bought and began using cloth pads after this experience (I don't want Always to get my money each month!)
*Made homemade vanilla (thanks Susan for the "recipe")
*Make and drink kombucha
*Buy eggs from the farm
*Tried curly girl routine (still working on it-my hair is wavy but not curly-this will take me awhile to learn what works for MY hair)
*Lambs all sleep in the same room together and go to bed at the same time and get up at the same time (which makes more time for Ram and Ewe to have together time and alone time)
*Ram and I do neti pot
*We all take vitamin D supplements now
*Ram and Ewe take cod liver oil (Lambs have all started taking it at 18 months)
*Just started to shop and avoid high fructose corn syrup (we have a fully stocked pantry so as we use up items we will buy ones without HFCS or if HFCS can't be avoided, we won't buy it any more-we aren't avoiding all sugar, just starting with HFCS)
*Bought real maple syrup
*Bought dryer balls to put in the clothes dryer to speed the drying time (since it will be months before I can put stuff on the clothesline outside again!)
*Began homeschooling Lamb 1 more formally than preschool homeschool
*Make own baby wipes
*Use vinegar for cleaning instead of Lysol

No comments: