Sunday, June 6, 2010

33rd Week of School Report

We had a nice school vacation for a week while we went to CA. (I know I still need to post about our vacation, but other things have come up that I wanted to post!) We tried to get back to school this week slowly after our vacation. Monday was Memorial Day so we had one more day of vacation. Tuesday I had a doctor's appointment and then the babysitter came so no school. Wednesday and Thursday we had school. Friday I had a doctor's appointment for my thyroid, 3 hours away, so it was a whole day of doctoring and shopping and no school. Saturday we had school. I am finding it hard to get motivated to do school now that it is summer. The classroom teacher in me has a difficult time doing school during the summer. We need to get caught up from all our sickness this past year when we took more breaks than we should have. The Lambs have never been to school so they aren't unmotivated because it's summer. They're just tired and grouchy after all our activities and traveling recently. We have few plans this week so hopefully we can get some good school in this week before VBS and swim lessons...

Math: Still working on MUS lesson 21. Read a book about and practiced counting by tens. Both Lamb 1 and 2 did a little from their dot to dot books.
Reading: Read Celebrated Dancing Bear without doing any FIAR activities. I think we have now read all the FIAR books from volume 1. Read a little from Just So Stories.
We took a break from Latin, handwriting and science this week. Lamb 2 did a little from his tracing book.
Religion: Reviewed all the Bible stories in set 3 of the Bible story posters. We will begin set 4 next week.
Phonics: Lamb 1 read a Bob book daily.
Music: We read about and listened to Wagner.
Art: Lamb 1 did a little in his Kumon drawing book. The Lambs painted with their babysitter.
History: We read a book about the American flag and Lamb 1 remembered Flag Day is soon so he decided to make some pictures of flags to decorate our house for Flag Day.

I think that was about it. I felt like it was a shortened week in the classroom like I used to have for holidays and other events.

No comments: