Thursday, June 17, 2010

I'm still here

On Sunday when we got home from church, the garage door wouldn't close with the garage door opener. Then when I tried to turn on the computer it wouldn't turn on. Ram was busy with meetings that afternoon and we had to get ready to travel on Monday so we didn't have time to look at the computer or the garage door.

I had my thyroid biopsy on Monday. I was stuck with a needle on two sides and they took about five samples on each side. On Wednesday the doctor's office called and reported that there was no cancer. After this biopsy I don't need to do anything else unless I experience thyroid problems until I need to have another ultrasound in 2 years. The biopsy was a bigger deal than I thought it would be and I hope I don't need to have another one again, but at least it will be two more years until the possibility of another one. I was thankful that the hospital has lots of crucifixes and annoyed that there wasn't a crucifix in the room where I had my procedure. It was a long car ride home as I just wanted to sleep and the Lambs were not ready to sleep that early in the day.

I was sore after the biopsy and took Tuesday to recover. Ram took the computer to the fix it shop on Tuesday. Wednesday I took the Lambs to a magic show at the library. Wednesday night I didn't feel well. Ram was at VBS. I was trying to figure out if I could just let the Lambs play until he got home and he could put them to bed. I had a headache and started to feel very nauseous. It got worse. I finally called Ram and asked him to come home early. I slept all night after he got home. He put the Lambs to bed. I think I had a migraine but I've never felt that way before so I'm not sure. It could have been triggered with the thyroid biopsy a few days before or just triggered by something else. Ram got the computer back on Wednesday but I didn't use it because I didn't feel well.

This morning I got up and took a shower and went to the chiropractor. I felt well enough to take the Lambs to a play tonight and then we went out to eat. The play took longer than I expected and Ram had to go to VBS so I had 3 active Lambs at a tea room by myself. We survived and I'm sure the owner was glad when we left because she had a big party of ladies there too. I'm still achy and don't feel 100% better, but I hope by taking it slow I'll recover soon. I've used the computer a little bit but have lots to catch up on after it was gone for a few days.

Tomorrow we don't have any plans except for school and stay around home while Ram makes some visits.

No comments: