Saturday, June 26, 2010

Declutter Update

We were busy this week so I didn't focus on one room like I planned, but I did accomplish a lot even with our other activities. I have been going through the kitchen cupboards one at a time, taking everything out, cleaning the shelves, giving away some, and organizing what I put back in. I have finished 2 cupboards that have canned goods, 1 that has paper napkins etc., 1 that has Tupperware, 1 misc. cupboard, 4 drawers, and 1 cupboard with tea. I also cleaned the whole stove area-hood, stovetop, and drawer. I didn't self clean the oven, I just wiped it out and it wasn't too bad. I took the mesh cover off the vent for the stove and washed it with hot soapy water. It was so disgusting the grease and dirt that was left in the sink afterwards! Today I plan to clean the appliances on one counter and clean the counter and also work in a few more cupboards.

I also have been watching a movie each night to see if we want to keep them. While I watch the movie I have been going through old receipts and tax information. I have completed 1991-1999 and 2002 doing this. I have tons for Ram to run through the shredder after this. This project has been more fun than I thought it would be-fun memories of when we bought furniture or conferences that I went to when I was teaching. I still have a lot to do on this receipt project, but it hasn't been too bad to work on it while watching a movie each night after the Lambs go to bed.

We have a busy week next week so my only goal is to try to finish the kitchen.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Reading about your decluttering project is helping to inspire me. My children are grown (first grandchild on the way!) and I live alone (well, with 2 cats)so I'm in a different place in my life. But I have lots of clutter and way too much "stuff". I'm on vacation for the next week and am planning "projects". A friend is coming over one day, not to help with the work, but to provide moral support (and make sure I keep working!). She did this when I FINALLY packed up the Christmas ornaments, and it was really helpful just having her sit here while I worked. I also have a large box of "shred" stuff - I have too much to run through my shredder so will likely take it to a place in town that does that for folks. Good luck as you keep working on your projects. If you can do it with 3 young children around, surely so can I!