Saturday, May 14, 2011

Lutherans and miscarriage

In our journey the last few years, I was seriously considering writing a book about miscarriage from a Lutheran perspective. I have a whole shelf full of books about miscarriage, some are even Christian. I began, but never finished any of those books because they were not what I really wanted to hear. Nothing can compare to the comments written on cards or said to me by Lutheran friends and especially pastors. I honestly don't know how I would have made it through without two particular comments made by strong Lutherans after my second miscarriage. Each miscarriage after that those comments continually rang through my mind. I also read what Luther had to say comfort women that had a miscarriage several times after Rev. Harrison posted it on his blog.
My struggle for writing a book like this is that although I have had miscarriages, I have 3 Lambs. Most middle of the night feedings when the Lambs were little I thanked God for them and asked God to bless my friends that were infertile. I don't know what it is like to long for children and not have any. In fact, I have never had trouble conceiving. So I was thrilled to read this post today and hear that this book is coming out. I read the reviews at the site and I know several of the people who strongly recommend it. I'll have to read the book to see, perhaps another book needs to also be written for couples that have children and long for more. But I suspect that this book will be very helpful for those in that situation too.
Thank you, Rebekah, for posting this. I cried when I read it, but it was tears of joy for a resource finally being written for women that need it. I'm going to order several copies as soon as it is released to have on hand to give to friends that need it.

No comments: