Monday, September 28, 2009

Third Week of School Report

We were recovering from the flu so we didn't do very much school this week. The Lambs were glad that we were back to school when I felt well enough, but they said they didn't miss not having school. I think they were too sick to care on those days. Here's what we did accomplish:
Math: Finished lesson 1 in Math U See including lots of time for both Lambs to show me they really understand it and show me with the blocks. I love MUS so far! Began lesson 2. Lamb 1 worked in his math workbook a little. We actually worked on math more than anything else this week because the Lambs asked for it.
Handwriting: Lamb 1 did the math workbook writing the number 12 and the word twelve. He begged to do more but I didn't feel like helping him. Lamb 1 was the one that missed the routine of school this week, as I just did a little when I felt like it.
Phonics: Reviewed vowels, didn't start anything new
Religion: Memorized Mark 2:5 (for Sunday School), worked on memorizing the first commandment and the hymn Jesus Lead Thou On a little. Did the Sunday School lesson they missed on David and Nathan. Didn't do any other Bible stories.
Science: Read from Berenstain Bears science book a little, read about bears.
Reading: Finished The Story about Ping, Began Madeline (Ram's parents are going to Paris soon for Ram's dad to go on business), Read a few stories from My Book House and a few poems, recited Happy Thought by R.L. Stevenson daily.

We are off to a field trip while Ram goes to the pastor's conference early this week. I am praying that we are all completely healthy when we return and we can get off to a good start for school after this last crazy month. Ram had a slight possibility of another funeral and I'm so glad that he doesn't have that one. I just wanted to scream when he told me about the possibility because I was hoping to finally get going on school. A funeral ends up messing up the entire week for our family. Thankfully he doesn't have to do that funeral. When we return I want to do more Prima Latina and also music and art with the Lambs. I want to start memorizing a new poem and a new hymn. I want to get going on The Ordinary Parents Guide to Teaching Reading. I pray that we stay healthy so we can accomplish this!

No comments: