Saturday, November 21, 2009

No more babies at our house

Lamb 3 decided to wean himself from his bedtime nursing this week. He just decided he didn't want to nurse any more. There's still a little milk in there if he changes his mind in the next few days, but I think he is done nursing.
Lamb 1 weaned himself at about 18 months when I was pregnant with Lamb 2. Lamb 2 weaned when he was almost 16 months when I was pregnant with Lamb 3. Lamb 3 is 19 1/2 months and I know I am not pregnant. He was down to just nursing before bedtime. Last week when he was getting teeth he nursed a little longer at bedtime. I didn't know how I was going to wean him since I wasn't pregnant, but he just decided to be done. I think he wants to play with his brothers those last few minutes before bed and that wins over nursing.
This is the first time I haven't been pregnant or nursing or both since June of 2003. Ram says he knows how to remedy that problem.... I haven't been away overnight from Lamb 3 yet. Maybe I'll have a chance now. Maybe I'll go bra shopping soon too.
Lamb 3 also got his first haircut this week. He cried the whole time, but I didn't want him to have long hair like a girl any longer. I dressed him in green and yellow last week and everyone thought he was a girl. My Lambs always get hair pretty late and need their first haircuts pretty late too.
After Lamb 3 got his last teeth, he's been much more cooperative eating everything too. He was a very picky eater until recently. A few nights ago he ate a bowl of homemade vegetable soup. I fed it all to him, without picking out anything.

3 comments:

Dakotapam said...

I think Ram wants to see if he can get a set of twin girls too! Weaning is always so bittersweet, isn't it? I'm always glad when it is child led though, much less painful, all the way around!

Karen said...

I was always so when my children were weaned. The bonding and closeness was missed, but the ability to have and evening out was such a special blessing.

Becky Frame said...

This reminds me of how potty-training went at our house. James wasn't potty-trained until he was about 3 and a quarter. Six months later, Jonathan, at 20 months, potty-trained himself. His dad and I kept putting diapers on him, and he kept ripping them off and running to use the potty. Wanted to be like his big brother.