Saturday, November 28, 2009

Not a typical Thanksgiving weekend post

About the middle of October, so about a month ago, I bought myself a new pair of khaki pants. I spent a long time in the fitting room and found a pair that was acceptable to me, but not the best fitting pants I have ever bought. They were a bigger size than I would have liked, but I figured this was because I had 3 Lambs. This was the first pair of pants (with the exception of 2 pairs of jeans) that I had bought since before I was pregnant with Lamb 1. Ram would prefer that I don't ever wear pants, but it does get cold here and we do activities with the Lambs that would be much easier in pants than a skirt. I know that Angie wears skirts all the time, and maybe some day I will get to that point, but I'm not there yet. Since it had been so long since I bought a pair of pants, I didn't think I could do it over the internet, I needed to try them on.
My mom said she could never lose weight when she was nursing. I've been pregnant or nursing or both since June of 2003 so I really didn't know what she was talking about. I obviously wasn't one of those women that LOSES weight while nursing, but I figured I was just maintaining a weight. I did notice that I've had less of an appetite than when I was nursing, but I thought that was because I was sick recently and hadn't quite recovered.
Maybe you can tell where this post is headed...my pants that I bought a month ago are TOO BIG! (Even after eating Thanksgiving dinner and leftovers too!) The combination of being sick earlier this month and Lamb 3 completely weaning and I lost a few lbs. But what I can't believe is those pants that fit well just ONE MONTH ago are too big. I am tall and I hate pants shopping more than any other kind of shopping. I can't believe I have to do this all over again. Ram tells me that I don't have to, I can just wear skirts, but I want to own ONE pair of dress pants and one pair of jeans that fit. Big sigh from me here. I don't expect you to have pity on me, I just wanted to type out my frustration.
I'll go finish my appointment with a turkey carcass (HT: Indiana Jane for that terminology) and worry about new pants another day.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Pants shopping is the worst. There is so little room for error in the fit or they just don't look right. And--at least on me--they seem to accentuate the negative!